One Pot Wonder Chicken Enchilada Bowls Recipe
½ tsp. ground black pepper
½ tsp. salt
1 10 oz. can (or jar) enchilada sauce
1 14.5 oz. can Rotel diced tomatoes and chilies
1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn kernels
1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
1 cup rice, uncooked (I used long grain white rice)
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped into bite size pieces
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 tsp. cumin
2 cups chicken broth
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. chili powder
Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced green onions, sour cream
How To Make One Pot Wonder Chicken Enchilada Bowls:
1. Add the oil to a large skillet or pot and place over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the onion, chicken, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the onion softens and chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the rice to the pot and stir. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Some of the chicken and rice should be golden brown.
3. Add the chicken broth, Rotel, enchilada sauce, frozen corn, chili powder, and cumin. Stir, and bring the liquid to a boil.
4. Reduce to a simmer and cover the skillet/pot. Cook covered, stirring occasionally. Let it cook until the rice has absorbed all of the liquid (about 20 minutes for white rice, brown rice will take longer).
5. Remove from the heat. Add the black beans and stir to combine. Top with cheese. Cover and let it rest for 5 minutes.
6. Serve warm with optional toppings.