Chili Relleno Casserole Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups ground meat (I used turkey cause I’m healthy like that ☺)
- 1 3 oz can of sliced black olives
- 1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 can green enchilada sauce
- 2 cups of low fat Mexican blend cheese
- 3 – 5 Anaheim chilies
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp sour cream
Optional Toppers, take your pick:
How To Make Chili Relleno Casserole:
- Rinse the chilies and place them on a baking sheet covered with foil. Move the oven rack to the very top of the oven and broil the chilies until the skin is blackened (about 5 minutes on each side).
- Remove the chilies from the oven and place in a Ziploc bag. Close the bag and let sit for about 10-15 minutes. Remove the chilies. Skin and remove the veins and seeds. Cut into strips.
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Combine the eggs, sour cream, flour, olives, salt and pepper to taste, then mix thoroughly. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add a layer of the chilies. Then add the egg mixture, then the cheese, then the black beans, then the ground meat; repeat layers until gone.
- Top with enchilada sauce and more cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes. Serve with optional toppings and lots of napkins!